AGENDA – 4/13/2013
- Opening Remarks - Richard Stock, MD and Shyam Paryani, MD,MS,MHA.
- 9:20am - Screening
for Prostate Cancer - Waleed Hassen, MD, Chair Dept of Urology, Tawam Hospital, Dubai, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions.
- 9:50am - Risk Stratification for Prostate Cancer - Shiro Saito, MD, Chairman of Urology at National
Tokyo Medical Center, Tokyo, Japan
- 10:20am - Treatment Options for Prostate Cancer -
Stefan Machtens, MD, Chairman of Urology, Bergisch- Gladbach, Germany.
- 10:50am - Panel Discussion
- Dr Hassen, Dr Saito, Dr Machtens, Dr Stock, Dr Cesaretti
- 11:00am - Robotic Prostatectomy
- Edouard Trabulsi, MD, Associate Professor of Urology, Kimmel Cancer Center, Thomas Jefferson University.
- High Risk Prostate Cancer, an Update - Richard Stock, MD, Director of the New York Centers for Prostate Care, Clinical
Professor of Radiation Oncology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY.
- 12:00pm - LUNCH
- Please return immediately after lunch pick-up for a Seminar on the Business of Medicine Panel Discussion with Dr. Shyam
Paryani and Mr. Jeff Goffman- CEO ION Partners.
- 1:00pm - Prostate Cancer Treatment Quality Assurance
- Mitchell Terk, MD, Director of the Florida Centers for Prostate Care
- 1:30pm - Modern Radiotherapy,
IMRT/IGRT for Prostate Cancer- Jamie Cesaretti, MD, Director of the Orlando Cancer Centers, Orlando, Florida.
- 1:50pm - Low Dose Rate Brachytherapy - Luis Campos-Pinhero, MD, Chair, Department of Urology,
Hospital de Curry Cabral, Lisbon, Portugal.
- 2:10pm - Advanced Imaging and Assessment of Prostate
Cancer - John Melnick, MD, Clinical Director, Lenox Hill Radiology Associates.
- High Dose Rate Brachytherapy - Alam Nisar Syed, MD, Professor of Radiation Oncology, University of California at
- 3:10pm - Adjuvant and Salvage Radiotherapy for Prostate Cancer - Edouard Trabulsi,
- 3:10pm - Chemotherapy for Prostate Cancer - Scott Tagawa, MD, Medical Director, Genitourinary
Oncology Research Program, Assistant Professor of Medicine and Urology, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY.
- 3:30pm - Panel Discussion - Drs. Terk, Cesaretti, Campos-Pinhero, Syed, Trabulsi and Tagawa.
- 4:00pm - Reception and Dinner to follow
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential
Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint sponsorship of Postgraduate
Institute for Medicine and First Radiation Oncology Group. The Postgraduate Institute for Medicine is accredited by the ACCME
to provide continuing medical education for physicians.